Masonry, Stone and Terra Cotta Investigation
We provide, in conformance with applicable listed standards, testing of existing building components and materials, including:
Characterization of building facades:
• Depth/Thickness of masonry and/or stone using impact-echo (ASTM C1383).
Deficiency Detection in building facades:
• Infrared Thermography to detect patterns of differential heating, indicating potential voids or water retention (following ASTM C1060).
• Detection of Corroded Ferrous Anchors/Wall Ties using the mass magnetic probe technique (non-destructive).
• Missing Grout Detection in CMU using ground penetrating radar (ASTM D6432).
• Delamination/Void Detection in masonry and/or stone using impact-echo (ASTM C1383).
• Visual Inspection of Internal Concealed Conditions using a fiber optic borescope and high intensity light source.
Materials testing of samples:
• Absorption and/or Saturation Coefficient (ASTM C67) of brick.
• Absorption (ASTM C97) of dimension stone.
• Water Vapor Transmission Rate (ASTM E96) of stone.
• Identification of stone.