We provide, in conformance with applicable listed standards, testing of existing building components and materials, including:
Brick, Stone, and/or Terra Cotta Construction
Deficiency Detection in building facades:
- Infrared Thermography to detect patterns of differential heating, indicating potential voids or water retention (following ASTM C1060).
- Detection of Corroded Ferrous Anchors/Wall Ties using the mass magnetic probe technique (non-destructive).
- Missing Grout Detection in CMU using ground penetrating radar (ASTM D6432).
- Delamination/Void Detection in masonry and/or stone using impact-echo (ASTM C1383).
- Visual Inspection of Internal Concealed Conditions using a fiber optic borescope and high intensity light source.
Characterization of building facades:
- Detection of Concealed Ferrous Anchors/Wall Ties using a pachometer (following ASTM D7046).
- Depth/Thickness of masonry and/or stone using impact-echo (ASTM C1383).
- Hardness Characterization of mortar using rebound hammer (RILEM MS-D.7).
- Surface Water Absorption using a "RILEM Tube" (RILEM II.4).
Materials testing of samples:
- Absorption and/or Saturation Coefficient (ASTM C67) of brick.
- Absorption (ASTM C97) of dimension stone.
- Water Vapor Transmission Rate (ASTM E96) of stone.
- Identification of stone.
- Identification and Quantification of salts.
- Gravimetric Analysis of mortar to characterize the mix and separate aggregate.
- Mortar Replication and/or Sand Selection.